The City created Collins Park, a new community gathering place that will also serve as an attractive entryway to the Uptown area. The focal point of the park is the D.D. Collins House. The D.D. Collins House is a Greek revival home built in 1845. Its architecture is rare, preceding Victorian style architecture. The home was built by Judge Daniel Dove Collins (Madison County 2nd court, 1853-1857), first president of the Collinsville Village Board. On September 24, 2016 The Daniel Dove Collins House was presented to the residents of Collinsville after an 18 year restoration process.
In 1916, a representative of the United Mine Workers of America Local 264 convinced fellow miners that a union hall and public theatre should be built. The structure was multi-purposed. The theatre brought entertainment to the City of a class not usually seen in cities of this size. The second and third floors gave a permanent home for the union offices and provided a central meeting place for the mining locals. These floors were also used by various community groups for social activities and housed a small library which was the beginning of the present day Collinsville Memorial Library. Over the years, Miner's hosted High School Graduations, Dairyman's conventions and other such events of the day, in addition to the occasional movies being shown in the auditorium. Built in the "vaudeville" style, the auditorium hosted several traveling troupes as well.